Welcome to My December

Tuesday, September 02, 2003

well another summer comes to an end and another year at school starts. At least this year its gonna be different, its really only half a year but then i have to go to university, which is something i'm really not prepared to do, i feel my place is to go striaght into the working world rather then going through school and becoming some guy that sits behind a desk with a white colar shirt and tie, for 50 years. i just cant see myself doing it, i dont want to be tied down, put behind a desk until i retire, i'd rather be out doing something with my hands, were i'm not going to waste, its not all about making money, its about being in a job that you enjoy doing and a job that makes you happy, and gets you what you need. To tell you the truth i dont see any one from my generation become some big business person with a white colar shirt and tie. I think that our generation just isn't mature enough to be set lose into university. I'm even taking a fifth year and i still dont feel ready to move on to university, i guess i'm not ready to grow up and i thhink that might have to do with the people i hang around with and how they act. None of my friends are ready to grow up. Its not university that scares me, its whats after that, and the choices i have made, i have set myself up for a job in computer science, now from what it seems that job might get me stuck at a desk, i'd rather that job lead me to a computer company were i fix computers and sell hardware and such. Instead of programming, thats not what i'd like to be doing for the next 50 years of my life. Think of it this way thats have or even more then half of your life spent behind a desk. i like working with my hands, like being a mechanic, when i look back at when i worked at star one, i enjoyed watching the mechanics and what they did, and they seem to be getting along just fine in life. I'm not that type of person, i'm not an academic, thats just not me. I'm sure if you read over what i'm writing and actually check it for grammer and shit like that, you see that i'm not. I wish i could go back to grade 9 and do high school all over again, and maybe make the right choices to get me to a more applied future father then a academic one. When i look at ang she has all over her high school career left, and she acts so mature, i think shes gonna make it somewhere, but because of my choices i fear that i will not be able to make it in the working world, because i will not be qualified. I call this little blurp and time in my life, my teenage crisis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home